Monday, January 24, 2011

This is what I call "Ignoring my Brain"

To grow as an individual, the INFJ needs to focus on applying
their judgment to things only after they have gone through
their intuition.

In other words, the INFJ needs to consciously
try not to use their judgment to dismiss ideas prematurely.


Rather, they should use their judgment against their own
ideas. One cannot effectively judge something that they don't
understand. The INFJ needs to take things entirely into their
intuition in order to understand them. It may be neccesary to
give your intuition enough time to work through the new
information so that it can rebuild its global framework of
understanding. INFJs need to focus on using their judgment
not to dismiss ideas, but rather to support their intuitive
framework.

I need to ignore my brain and the way it wants me to not do anything. I need to feel my decisions...I can't quite put this into words.
But this is an example:
My brain tells me that moving to Baltimore is insane and reckless. My other brain tells me to go for it and have ridiculous fun.
I moved to Baltimore. I am now married to a wonderful man and have an adorable baby, all at age 37. I can't imagine that happening by strategic planning and careful actions.

No comments:

Post a Comment