Saturday, November 27, 2010

Just Married

I was married yesterday. It was an amazing wedding and an awesome reception that lasted into the night.
I got dressed quickly and my garter belts broke so I had to take them off. My shoes were sliding around a bit so I had to walk daintily. Edith was fussy - maybe because I was nervous.
I walked down the aisle to "Where Is My Mind" by the Vitamin String Quartet. Klint was waiting for me under some trees, along with the minister.
It was a garden wedding. Klint's mom planned the entire thing on her own. It was perfect in every way and so much more than I expected. Klint and I listened to the vows and stared into each other's eyes for 15 minutes. We held hands, exchanged rings, and kissed.
There was so much excellent food. I ate homemade jalepeno poppers wrapped in bacon, meatballs, tamales, beans and rice, homemade salsa, brie on crackers, and cupcakes. The leftovers made a very decadent breakfast for the morning after.
Our cake was white with black filagree swirls and real red roses. We added a cake topper of our own that we bought in Hampden. It was a Mexican Day of the Dead wedding couple. The cake tasted yummy with a layer of lemon in the middle.
Klint chose the music for the reception. Leslie Hall got everyone grooving on the patio. The ladies danced until the sun went down. After the sun went down, we were in for a very unexpected surprise.
Klint's friend Cyndi went out on the patio and did a fire dancing routine with some kind of fire on the end of chains that she swung around her head at an amazing speed. Now, that was an awesome extra bit of wedding entertainment.
All of my family that I invited showed up and I really appreciated that. Laura, Sebastien, and Calypso came all the way from France to be there. Laura brought me garlic stuffed olives and a homemade bottle of booze.
By the end of the night, all the babies wanted to sleep. It was a wonderful wedding. It was special. I am now a member of an awesome family.

No comments:

Post a Comment